Turkish Visa Requirement for Nigerian Citizens | Turkey Visa: Turkish Visa Requirement for Nigerian Citizens: Every year, a large number of Nigerians travel to Turkey for a variety of reasons, including the opportunity to seek chances for economic and financial improvement, as well as to study. Turkey also boasts a rich combination of fantastic culture, including cultural ties to the ancient Greek, Persian, and Ottoman empires, which may be appealing to tourists and history buffs.
Nigerians must get a Turkish visa in order to visit Turkey and take advantage of all of these changes. The type of visa to be sought is determined by the purpose for which the applicant desires to visit the country since there are many classes of Turkish visas accessible to Nigerians.
Applying for a Turkish visa is a reasonably simple procedure, especially if you have all of the necessary information.
Table of Contents
Turkey Visa Requirements for Nigerian Citizens
The information provided here is all that is needed for any individual to successfully apply for a Turkish visa in Nigeria.
Step 1: Determine the type of visa you need to travel to Turkey.
The first thing to deal with and cross off your list before applying for a Turkish visa is determining the category of Turkish visa to apply for. The type of visa you should apply for is determined by the reason you plan to visit the nation and the requirements for that class of visa. You must be certain that you choose a visa type for which you satisfy the minimum requirements.
The various types of visas accessible to Nigerians for travel to Turkey include:
The Turkish Student visa: this type of visa is for those who wish to travel to Turkey to study. The study visa is typically a multiple entry visa ( this means that holders of the Turkish Student Visa can enter Turkey as many times as possible during the validity period of their visa) and is issued on the condition that the applicant already has sustained an admission in an institution in Turkey. To successfully apply for a Turkish student visa, you are expected to provide proof of admission into an institution of study in Turkey as well as evidence of adequate funds to support you throughout your study period.
⦁ The Turkish Business Visa: This is the type of visa issued to individuals who wish to travel to Turkey for the purpose of carrying out trading or commercial activities, attending conferences, seminars, or lectures. The validity period of a Turkish business visa is usually ninety(90) days.
⦁ The Turkish Work visa: this type of visa is solely required for individuals who want to travel to Turkey to work. Applicants for the Turkish work visa are expected to ensure that evidence of employment from their Turkish employees is sent to the Turkish Ministry of Labour and Social Security referred to as the MLSS and also apply for a residence permit within thirty (30) days of their arrival in Turkey once they have been granted the visa.
Note: Applicants for Turkish Work Visa are expected to provide evidence of adequate funds to cover their accommodation and maintenance costs while they are in Turkey.
⦁ Evidence of Health insurance: you are expected to have health insurance to cover your entire period of stay in Turkey and provide proof of such
⦁ Proof of internationally acceptable vaccination: you must make available a vaccination card showing yellow fever and cholera vaccination evidence endorsed by an acceptable medical practitioner.
- a. You will also require the use of a scanner in order to make digital copies of all your documents to be uploaded for your e-visa application online.
- Also, ensure that you have a credit card to make payment for your visa application online.
- that and proceed to read the information that follows as regards the validity of your visa, number of entries, visa cost, and the mode of payment.
- Click the button ” Save and Continue”.
- You will provide a space to fill in your personal data. Ensure you fill that correctly and accurately then proceed to click the continue button at the bottom.
- Look out for any other information you are required to provide and when you are done, go over all the information you have provided again.
- If there is a need to edit, click on the “Edit” button and make your changes.
- Once you have verified all your entries, click the button ” Submit and Continue”.
Step 4: Verify Your Email Address
Once you have completely filled and submitted your e-visa application, you will receive an email asking you to verify that you have indeed applied for a Turkish visa.
Note: Sometimes, this mail may not appear in your inbox folder, ensure you check in your junk or spam folder.
Step 7: Download and Print out your e-visa
After making payments and receiving a confirmation message, you will be provided with a link/button in your email where you can download your e-visa. Your e-visa should be available to download in PDF format and you are expected to print it out and have a hard copy.
- a. If you are applying for a Turkish business visa and need an invoice, remember to click on the “Invoice” button.
b.The visa application fee is non-refundable. If your application is eventually rejected, your funds will not be returned to you.
- Even though the Turkish visa application procedure takes roughly eight (8) working days from the day of your booked appointment, you are suggested to start your Turkish visa application at least eight (8) days before your desired date of travel to prevent needless delays.
- Ensure that you keep all of your papers secure and with you throughout your stay in Turkey, especially your e-visa, passport, and another form of identification.
- More information on the visa criteria and application procedure may be found on the Turkish embassy’s website.